Step One – Find Your Google My Business Listing in Local SearchBefore you can go about optimizing your listings for Local Search, you have to find it first. To find your business in Local Search, first, make sure you’re physically near your business. Next, search for your company name on Google. If you don’t find it at first, make sure whatever device you’re using has its location settings enabled. Otherwise, Google won’t know exactly where the search is coming from. If you still don’t find your business, then you’ll have to fill out your Google My Business Profile. Filling out your profile with more detailed information lets Google know where your company is and that you’d like to appear in Local Search results on their platforms.
Step Two – Update Your Google My Business ProfileWhen you’ve discovered your business through Local Search, check your profile’s information. Doing so is vital since Google enables the entirety of its userbase to alter your profile’s information. Therefore, consistently watching out for your face and refreshing it with current data is essential for improving your GMB rankings and keeping up your business profile. Without constant diligence, anybody could change your hours, address, costs, and other pieces of vital information. Those changes can hurt your business. To figure out how to refresh your GMB profile, head over to this Google My Business Help article.
Step Three – Verify Your Address With GoogleGoogle suggests that you “verify your business to give [it] the best opportunity to appear for users across Google products, like Maps and Search” (GMB Help). To verify your physical address and location with Google My Business, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your GMB account
- Select your business and click “Verify Now.”
- You’ll be directed to a postcard request screen. On this screen, make sure that the displayed address is accurate.
- Click on the “Send Postcard” button.
- Routinely check your mail for the postcard and then follow the instructions on it.
Step Four – Add PhotosSimply adding photos to your GMB listing helps to showcase your services and products. The more focused, accurate, appealing, and high-quality those pictures are, the better they showcase those things. The types of images you should add to your GMB listings include:
- The products your company makes
- Your services offered
- Employees and staff performing their various duties
- In-progress projects
- Your business participating in local events
Step Five – Respond to EVERY ReviewMost companies fail to ever respond to their reviews. However, research has shown that responding to all your reviews — bad or good — helps boost how much your customers trust your brand. It shows them you’re willing to work with them to ensure that they are nothing but satisfied after using your company. Whether you’re a law firm, bail bonds agency, or another type of business, responding to every single review is always in your best interest.
Conclusions on Improving Your Google My Business RankIn conclusion, the five primary things you can do to improve your Google My Business rank are:
- First, find your business in Local Search.
- Update the information on your GMB profile (and keep it updated)
- Verify your business location with the Google postcard system
- Add pictures to your GMB listing.
- Respond to your reviews, both positive AND negative
And, if you’re looking for bail bonds in California, then look no further than our friends over at Bad Boys Bail Bonds!